Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Okay, I told you I was way behind. So I'm going to start with July. Lots happened in July. My birthday, trip to Tucson, our anniversary and a trip to Dallas. It was such a fun whirlwind that I might have left something out but I'll catch you up when I think of it.
Here is a picture of my birthday when Chance's family came to town and took us out to eat at the Olive Garden (one of my favorites).

It's fun to have two birthday cakes (above picture from the Stepheson's picture below from my parents)!!

So after my birthday came a fun trip to Tucson, Arizona. This was the first time I had been to Arizona so it was very interesting. Mom and I went for a BeautiControl BootCamp event by Stacy Atnip (a Senior Director in BC that has fabulous ideas). While we were there, Mom and I were able to visit with "Miss" Lynn Budjenska and her daughter Nicole. We had a fabulous time as Nicole and I are close to the same age and our moms have known each other since we were babies. "Miss" Lynn is a Senior National Executive Director with BeautiControl. I plan on being where she is one day. Check out her story here
Nicole, Me, "Miss" Lynn and Mom

We stayed at the fabulous JW Marriott Starr Pass. Mom and I even enjoyed a massage while we were there!! We had a fabulous girlfriend weekend!! I love that my mom is now my best friend (growing up she was not my friend, she was my mother). We had fun then but she was still my mother who disciplined me when I got out of line and held my feet to the fire. She still keeps me in-line and holds my feet to the fire but she is also my best friend now. Funny how when I became a wife and mother she got so much smarter from when I was in high school. LOL.
Back to our trip, I loved all the decor!!
This was the lobby..

View from the outside...

Also while we were in Arizona I went somewhere with my mom I thought the two of us would never go... we went to a club together. Yes, you read right. I'm pretty sure we were the only two non-drinking people there that were not dancing with people we didn't know. Mom and I got close enough to take pictures but then found a table to sit at to enjoy the show. We just went to the Glass Cactus (which was part of the resort) because Joe Nichols was playing there and with our room key we got in free!!! I forgot how many hits he has. He was great and we got really close as you can see in the following pictures.
This blog post is long enough so I will blog about the rest tomorrow.


No comments: