Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

We kicked off Easter in Eufaula last Thursday with a egg hunt. We enjoyed dying eggs with MeMe. Every year the preacher at First Baptist Eufaula and his wife have a egg hunt at their house with real eggs. I found in a magazine, I'm sure it was Martha Stewart, about putting rubber bands around the eggs and dying them different colors and moving the rubber bands around so you have two toned eyes. It turned out pretty good but I wouldn't recommend it if you have a 3 year old. He wanted to roll the eggs around in the color which was fine but made the rubber bands come off easily.

T & F working on the eggs...

So proud his train could haul the eggs...

T had this great idea to put Thomas stickers on F's feet and F loved it. He kept looking at them like they weren't supposed to be there and trying to get them off. Leave it to a 3 year old to know how to occupy a 4 month old.

I asked him to smile and this is what I get... Face 1

Face 2

Face 3

Face 4

T with the Easter Bunny at the egg hunt

T with his 2nd cousin who was in town also

Finding lots of goodies

I thought this was a neat idea. After the egg hunt, they get all the children to leave their baskets on the front steps and while the chidlren are enjoying refreshments they divide the eggs evenly so that the big kids don't get five times as many as the smaller children.

I love this one, just melts my heart!! So proud to show Daddy all he found!!

I had a brain laps Sunday and failed to take a family Easter picture. I didn't get any of T in his seersucker suit either. My sweet Grandmother was in town and I was having so much with her here I failed to take any pictures.

The best part of Easter had to be T's rendition of the Easter Story... Jesus died on the cross for me and 3 days later He BUSTED out of the tomb. He loves me.

No comments: