Monday, August 3, 2009

Big Boy

I don't even know where to begin but I have to start somewhere. Since our life has been crazy lately and on the go (which I love) I don't know whether I'm coming or going. So my posts for the next week or so aren't in any particular order. They are just posted as they come to mind.

So I'm going to start with Tucker. He is becoming such a big boy. It makes me sad but at the same time he is such a joy and blessing to my life, Chance's life, and our familes lives. Lately we have started potty training. Tuck is doing pretty good and after a few weeks, he is starting to tell us when he needs to go (sometimes). I still ask him periodically if he needs to go and try. Of course Chance and I act like crazy people and do a little dance when he actually uses the potty and he gets the biggest smile on his little face. We are in no hurry to potty train him we are just letting him set the pace. I am looking forward to the day when I don't have to buy diapers anymore.
Tuck on his Big Boy Potty

We thought if we took one of the sides off his bed this might help with the potty training and it has. He is now in a big boy bed. The only thing is he is getting up so early now. He spoiled me before because he wouldn't get up until 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. so I had plenty of time to get things done in the morning. Now he's getting up around 6:30. I'm going to try to start getting up at 5:30 so that will give me an hour to do stuff before he gets up. I'm going to have to start going to bed earlier though because last night I went to bed about 12 and needless to say, I didn't get up at 5:30 a.m. My new goal is to be asleep by 11 p.m. and get up at 5:30 a.m.
Tuck by his Big Boy Bed (with only 3 sides now) & new John Deere night light!!

Side note about the night light, I got it at Jackie's Cards and Gifts in Downtown Opelika. They are closing and I got it for 60% off. I found some great stuff to save for Christmas presents. I purchased 5 items for $35 and that's with tax. Cards are like $1!!! Go and check it out because they are closing soon!!!

No comments: