Monday, September 13, 2010

Nashville with Aunt Kella and Joanna Smith

After our fun weekend in Huntsville Tuck and I headed to Nashville. Aunt Kella was so sweet to meet Chance with us a little north of Huntsville. This way Tuck and I wouldn't be coming home on Sunday just to go back through Huntsville on Monday to get to Nashville. Thank you so much Aunt Kella for meeting us and letting us crash at your house!!!
Tuck and I had a blast in Nashville!! We hung at Aunt Kella's Sunday night and then went to work with her Monday!! Tuck met lots of awesome people in the music industry!!
Aunt Kella's office is in the same building as Nelson Larkin. He was so nice and invited T into his office to have his picture taken with the RCA dog.

Nelson Larkin is a producer and has worked with many artists. Toby Keith is one of them.
Then Dallas Davidson came in (he co-wrote Luke Bryan's song "Rain is a Good Thing" and Tuck sang it for him). Dallas has written lots of hit songs like Joe Nichols song "Gimme That Girl". Check out the official page of Dallas here and his myspace here.
Also while at Aunt K's office Rhett Akin walked in (he co-wrote Luke Bryan's song "Rain is a Good Thing" and Tuck also sang it for him) and we got to talk with him. In addition to writing songs he also has several cds out. He had the great song "That Ain't My Truck". Check out Rhett's offical page here and myspace here.

Since I grew-up in the heart of Georgia, I love that Dallas and Rhett are both Georgia boys!! Plus, they were so nice and down to earth. Two very nice guys!!

Okay so all that fun was on Monday.

Then on Tuesday Tuck and I were asked to me in Joanna's first music video for her first single released "Gettin' Married"!!! It was so fun to be on set all day Tuesday and I can't wait to see how the video turns out!! I hope Tuck and I make the cut. LOL.
Be listening for Joanna's song on the radio!! Available on I-tunes tomorrow!! Check out here page here. Jo is Chance's cousin and Tuck and I are honored to be in here first video!! Be looking on CMT for the video debut in late September or early October!! Trey Fanjoy directed the video and she is fabulous!! I can't wait to see how she puts the video together. Trey has directed videos for (just to name a few) George Strait, Reba, Miranda Lambert, Lee Ann Womack, Jamie O'Neal, Keith Urban and Joanna Smith!! Trey has also directed movies too; check out her credits here and her bio here.

A few pictures from "Gettin' Married"

Tuck and "Miss" Trey...


Tuck and Jet (Trey's little boy)..


Jo and Aunt Kel...


Joanna...


That's A Rap...


Then Wednesday, Tuck and I enjoyed breakfast with Aunt K, MeMe, Aunt Bev, Joanna and Trent at the Pancake Pantry before heading back to Alabama with MeMe and Aunt Bev.

Tuck with his bears in the snow at Pancake Pantry...


We had a great time in Nashville and can't wait to go back!!

No comments: