Thursday, June 4, 2009

Best Wishes

Several of my friend’s blogs have been about books lately and I would like to share with you some info from a book I just finished. I enjoy reading but it takes me a while to finish a book with Tucker because when he sees me reading he wants me to read his books. I love reading to him and he does love books which I am so grateful for. Since we have limited space and since I love saving money, I like to check books out from our local library. Aside from saving space and money, it gives me a deadline to finish the book by. If it is a book that the local library has you can check it out for 2 weeks but if they don't have it in stock you can do what is called an inter library loan and then you get to keep it for a month.
Sorry, I got off topic. I like to read books about entrepreneurship, positive thinking, finances, growing my business, husband/wife relationships, cosmetics-skincare-spa, etc.
So Tuesday I finished reading Best Wishes Brownie Wise. She is very much about making your dreams come true as she had nothing and made something of herself. If you don't know who she is she helped Earl Tupper (founder of Tupperware) master the in home party or if you want to know more you can swagbuck her. See previous posts to see what swagbucks is.
Here are 7 questions from her book...
1. What is a wish?
2. Do you believe in wishing and why?
3. If a single wish could come true for you, what would you wish for and why?
4. Is there anything you can do to make this wish come true?
5. What is success?
6. What is your hobby and why do you have it?
7. What is your secret desire or ambition?

Where there's a wish, there's a way.

I am now reading Love and Respect after several of my friends said it was so good.
Other books I have read that I enjoyed are (founder of Chick-fil-a) Truett Cathy's How Did You do it Truett and The Generosity Factor and (the founder of Hobby Lobby) David Green's More Than a Hobby.

6 comments:

kpmantooth said...

Interesting...what's the difference in "wishing" and "praying," I wonder? I rather think that praying works better after the age of 10 or so. ????

The Stephensons said...

I have wishes for myself and my family which I take to the Lord in prayer. After I have prayed about them to make sure they are in God's will and not my selfish desires I then take the action to make those wishes a reality. So praying and wishing go hand in hand whether your 10 or 110!!! Who stops wishing at 10???

laura.murphree said...

Blakely, you look great. I hope I loose all of my baby weight and look like you!

John and Brooke said...

Hey There! We are reading Love and Respect in the bible study I am in here and we are loving it. I think you will enjoy it!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am interested on reading this book. Where did you got it?
Gaby

The Stephensons said...

Hey Gaby,
I tried to leave this info on your blog but your blog is blocked. I just checked the book out from the library. If your library doesn't have it they can do what is called an inter library loan. I always do that because I don't have the storage or money with as many books as I like to read.