Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wreaths

If you know me very well you know that I'm not a crafty, art project, drawing minded person but if I see it somewhere or in a magazine I can give it a heck of a shot.

I have a wonderful sister-in-law that lives in Nashville who I love, love, love and over Thanksgiving she brought a Country Weekly Magazine to her parent's house. In her magazine I found this picture...


So my mind starting turning and thinking. Chance's grandmother,who lives in a nursing home, came to mind because she loves to have seasonal things on her door. She does not have a wreath or anything for Christmas so I thought this would be a good Christmas gift for her. So I headed to Hobby Lobby and purchased a wreath, pins and spray paint. My parents have several magnolia trees in their yard so my sweet dad cut some for me.

I will have to admit my mom and dad did help me with the first one because I didn't have any directions so they were so kind to help me so I wouldn't have as much trial and error.
Even though it isn't as full as the one in the magazine I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.


Like every project, the first one I did took me a little while but this second one I made pretty quickly. I had this one for the birthday party we had last weekend.


So I'm not quite Martha Stewart but maybe one step closer.

No comments: