Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Little Organization

A few months ago (All in the same week as my sweet husband did the table for our din...I get a organizing/decorating bug every so often and then I have to take a break.)

Chance was going to build a shelf but then decided we should support a local business and our friends at Wood You (check them out here). Chance didn't quite have all the tools or the time to make it. It was a great price on the shelf and just what I wanted long and low for T's room.

Then we headed to Lowe's because I wanted to paint the shelf white with a grey background. With the shelf, paint and plywood for the back this little project was under $180. Thanks to my friend Addie for letting me know about the little sample paint that you can buy. It was the PERFECT amount to paint the plywood to go on the back. I got a gallon of the white paint to also use to one day (in the near future hopefully) paint our bed. The white paint is Valspar's String of Pearls and the grey paint is Olympic's Silver Dollar. This is a shelf we can keep for a long time and it was so worth it to organize T's room and give him more floor space in his room.

Before... (I am ashamed to share how bad this had gotten. It got to a point where I knew the shelf was coming and I just quit cleaning it up.)



During...


After...




I am so glad we did this, especially with Christmas right around the corner.
I love when everything has a home.