Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Project on a Cold Day

I love Hobby Lobby because they have great items at great prices!! Plus I love that, like Chick-fil-a, they are closed on Sunday. If you haven't read the book by David Green, the founder of Hobby Lobby, it is a great read. You can find it here or check it out at the library (this is what I like to do because I don't have the space and it saves money).

I found this cute reindeer at Hobby Lobby before Christmas for 50% off. My more crafty friends could probably do this at home with items you already have but for 74 cents plus tax you can't beat that.

Working on his reindeer...


With the finished product the next morning after it had time to dry


I mentioned the snowglobe (post about that Friday) we made so I headed to Hobby Lobby to get some glitter with my 40% off coupon. While I was there I snagged the Christmas tray for 50% off and the jar for our snowglobe for 50% off. I was going to use a jar at home that once had pickles in it but when I saw this I decided it would be much less work to buy this one (not having to get the sticky off from the label or the smell out of the jar) at 50% off (making it 99 cents). The pickle jar went in the recycling bin.

See these 3 wonderful items...


Jar $1.99 but @ 50% off = 99 cents
Christmas Tray $2.99 but @ 50% off = $1.49
Glitter $1.47 but with a 40% off coupon = 88 cents
Tax = 27 cents
Drum roll please..... Grand total $3.63!!

No comments: