Monday, January 31, 2011

Big Sky, Montana

Chance and I enjoyed a little 5th year anniversary trip a little early this year. We wanted to go some where neither of us had been before so we headed to Big Sky, Montana to enjoy a little alone time and skiing!!

As you will see from the pictures, Montana has lots of elbow room and we would highly recommend it to anyone (just wear lots of layers because it is rather chilly) and can't wait to go back.

We thought this was our puddle jumper from Salt Lake City to Bozeman but luckily it wasn't


View from the plane


I have never seen a center pivot covered in snow


First Day of Skiing


Chance on one of the ski lifts (he was not happy that I was taking so many pictures but one day he will be glad we have them)


Me on one of the ski lifts


Chance and the beautiful mountains


Lunch on the mountain at the Pinnacle


Us at the top of one of the lifts with a beautiful view


I am not usually a real nature person (that is usually my husband) but Montana was beautiful. I don't know how anyone could look at these beautiful mountains and say there is not a God in Heaven, our Savior who created them.


View from our room on the 2nd day of skiing


Notice how it is snowing so and the snow clouds are so thick that the ski lift disappears



At this point it had stopped snowing but there were several inches of fresh snow on the ground. This is Chance going down a slope (yes, he has on boots and skis)


At a great Italian restaurant one night. (I love the mirrors behind us going to keep that in my house ideas.)

This was the floor in the entrance of the Italian restaurant. (keeping this in mind too)


I am glad I made it down this slope alive. I had to get a picture in from of it before we left. You can't tell but this is a blue and it was almost a straight drop off. Montana was certainly the most challenging slopes we had every skied on.


In our hotel lobby before we left. We enjoyed reading by the fire!!


Views coming down the mountain



If you look very closely (to the left by the rocks) you will see a herd of wild big horn sheep we saw along the Gallatin River


I loved the rustic feel of Montana. Even the airport in Bozeman was rustic.


This is certainly a different view than we are used to at the Atlanta airport


I have a wonderful husband who is hard working, patient and a great father. I am so glad we had time to get away together and celebrate our marriage. I love you more today than I did 5 years ago. Thank you to my parents for keeping T for us!!

1 comment:

Addie Lamberth said...

Glad y'all had so much fun!