Friday, August 5, 2011

Family Friday...Sand Dollars and a Seahorse

MeMe, aka my Mother-in-law, was so sweet to purchase T a subscription to Your Big Backyard.
As I have said before I AM very artistically/craftsy challenged. Thankfully though Your Big Backyard gives you a pattern. (My kind of craft!!) Check it out here.
Thanks to the pattern and step by step instructions, T and I got to work on his sea horse.
After 3 days, yes you read that correctly, we finished it. Poor T, his mommy gets overwhelmed with crafts and has to take them step by step plus we had to purchase the googly eyes because we didn't have any in our craft stash. LOL.

T with his Seahorse!!!

The orange color is T's coral and the green is his seaweed.

For dinner, one night this week, we had Sand Dollar Pancakes!! Again, this is an idea from Your Big Backyard to go along with the aquatic theme in the August 2011 issue.
T LOVED helping make the pancakes!! We put a thin layer of cream cheese on top and a toothpick to draw on the sand dollar design.

Here is the finished product...
Can you tell which sand dollar T drew and which one I drew?

T with the finished product


Please know that my child had more than pancakes for dinner. He also had fruit and turkey bacon they just weren't on his frisbee (plate) yet.

Have a great weekend and I'll "see" you on Monday.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Just sharing the new link for the seahorse pattern.