Monday, August 15, 2011

Library

If you have been reading my blog for long, you know that I don't buy many books but love to read. I am a big fan of the library. Not only does checking books out from the library save money it also saves space.
Here are some books I have read lately and the price they are new from Amazon....

Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo- a sweet friend let me borrow, $8.49 paperback

Making Money at Home by Donna Partow, (a book by Focus on the Family)- my sweet mom let me borrow, $8.43 paperback

Be All you Can Be by John Maxwell- checked out from the library, $11.55 hardcover

Time Power by Brian Tracy- checked out from the library, $9.94 hardcover

Women of the Bible Study Book 1 (my Women's Bible Study did this)- I did purchase this one, $14 paperback at a local store

Reading Now/Next...

The Help by Kathryn Stockett- gift I received for Christmas, $13.72 hardcover

Be a People Person by John Maxwell- checked out from the library, $11.55 hardcover

Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, $12.27 hardcover

Becoming a Woman of Extraordinary Faith by Julie Clinton- (my Women's Bible Study is doing this)- $13 paperback at a local store

So this is a total of 9 books. I have paid $27 to read 9 books!! That's $3 a book!!
The total of these books on Amazon.com and the two I purchased locally is $102.95.
That is $75.95 I have saved!! (This number doesn't include tax and/or shipping if applicable). Plus that's 7 books I don't have to find a home for in our house!!

I hope this helps you save your family some money and space!!!

No comments: