Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Shopping List- Stay On Track

Another great post from Josheph Sangl...

8 years ago, my family figured out how to stay within our Christmas spending budget.

1.We planned BEFORE buying a single gift (using the Mini-Budget)
2.We pulled the planned money out in cash (except for on-line purchases)
3.We put away the debit/credit card (except for on-line purchases)
4.We stuck to the plan (diligence)!
You can do the same!

How are YOU doing with your Christmas spending?

Okay this is me, Blakely, talking now. I have found one thing that works great for my family and me is purchasing items all year round. I like to just buy the item(s0 when I see them and they look like someone in our family. Much less stressful than just going in a store and having to come out with a gift. Also, purchasing the item(s) when they are on sale or I have a coupon to that store for example a 10% off coupon, $5 off, etc. so I can get them a nicer gift and still stay in our budget!!
Hope this helps you!!

No comments: