Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Wreath

I found a wonderful recipe in our local newspaper. It was tasty, easy to make and
T could help me!!

Holiday Pretzel Wreath
1 package (about 6 ounces) of your favorite chocolate- milk, dark or white
1 bag (10 ounces) (I used Kroger brand) of mini, thin or homestyle pretzels
Red and Green holiday candies- (I used m&m) jelly beans or sugar sprinkles
1 package of red shoestring licorice (we don't care for licorice at our house so I
omited this step)
Wax Paper

1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. I traced the bottom of a plate to make the
wreath shape.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave (but do not burn like I did) or double boiler; stir.
Using tongs or a fork, dip the pretzels into the chocolate and layer in a circle, like a wreath, onto the wax paper.
3. After the wreath(s) are formed, use the red and green candies to sprinkle or place on top of the wreath(s).
4. When you have completed the wreath(s), cool until set, using the shoestring licorice to tie into a bow, at the top of the wreath.
5. After completely dried, transport to your serving dish carefully.

I took this to my Junior League cookie swap and the only thing bad about it is that it is a little hard to serve. I think men would love it though and dig right in and not think about messing up the wreath shape. LOL.

Here are pictures of my little helper (yes, his shirt is on inside out and backwards but he put it on all by himself and I wasn't going to crush him because he was so proud)....


Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the end product.

No comments: