Friday, April 27, 2012

Did You Think it would be Easy?!?!

Have you ever felt like you were in God's will and doing exactly what He called you to do so, for some reason in the back of your mind, you thought it would be easier since you are in God's will? Why did I think this? Denial? Hopeful? The Lord NEVER said it would be easy but He promises to NEVER leave us. This fact is something I have been clinging to lately. We are moving this summer to another town and I guess because I knew we were in God's will that it would be easier than it has been. Honestly, I have days where I just don't want to leave and I wonder if we are doing the right thing. I LOVE this town and would never leave but my sweet, patient husband has been commuting (an hour and 10 minutes one way) 5 to 6 times a week to work with his family business. He knew I wasn't ready to leave so he agreed to commute. For a while, I have been struggling with my own selfish desires, staying here, and being a supportive, submissive wife. I will be so glad to see him more but I will greatly miss this town. We love FBCO and our Sunday School Class. We are moving to Eufaula, Alabama (where my husband is from) and we were there this weekend for a wedding so we went to Sunday School at a church there. I had to chock back tears as reality hit me that this could be our new Sunday School Class. I am very comfortable in Opelika, even though I didn't grow up here, and it has become my comfort zone. I have realized that when God calls us to do something it might hurt aka growing pains. In my case, tears might be shed but I can cling to the fact that the Lord WILL NOT leave me. If you are going through something that is hard but you know the Lord called you and your family to do it, know that HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU. On a differnt note, we have a cute house for sale if you know anyone that is looking!!

2 comments:

John and Brooke said...

I can TOTALLY relate. I felt that way (did we make the right decision, etc) when we decided to move back to Birmingham...and this was a very thought out decision that we both wanted. I loved Auburn. I loved the life we had made there. And you will miss it. But you will also love your new life. Embrace the change and adventure! I will be praying for you guys as you get ready to make this huge transition!!

The Stephensons said...

Thank you Brooke so much for you comment and your prayers!! Hope y'all are doing great!!!