Monday, April 30, 2012

A Financial Miracle

This is a series that appears on a weekly basis here at JosephSangl.com – “Biblical Financial Lessons” I, Joseph Sangl, believe that the Bible is the best money book ever written, and I really want to take some time each week to share the money lessons I have learned from the Word. A Financial Miracle – II Kings 4:1-7 II Kings 4:1-7 I covered II Kings 4:1 previously and shared the fact that debt had jeopardized the very freedom of her children. Wonderfully, the story does not end there. In fact, a financial miracle takes place. In verse 2, the prophet Elisha responds to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” The woman responded, “Your servant has nothing there at all except a little oil.” Thought #1 - Have you noticed that when we are faced with an extremely difficult situation for which we can see no answer that we tend to minimize everything we DO have? This lady said that she had nothing – except a little oil, but that was not the full truth! She still had her sons at the moment. She also apparently had good health (a tremendous blessing). Moreover, she had access to the man of God! In verses 3 and 4, Elisha responds to her with a command. “Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few. Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side.” Thought #2 – When we seek God’s guidance, He will give it! This lady went to the man of God, and received the word she needed. We have direct access to God through prayer. He hears our desperate prayers – even as we cry them out in despair! In verse 5 and 6, the miracle takes place. The lady left Elisha and did exactly as this man of God had instructed. The oil flowed until the very last jar was full! Thought #3 - We have to do our part. What if this lady had refused to do as the man of God had instructed? The miracle would not have happened, and she wouldn’t have been able to save her two sons from slavery! In verse 7, the lady informed Elisha of the miracle, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.” Thought #4 - God always provides overflow! He provided enough to settle the debts and enough to live off of the rest! Simply amazing. In summary, here’s what happened:
QUESTIONS: 1.Do YOU believe that a financial miracle could really take place for you? 2.What do YOU need to do? 3.What is your desperate prayer? Email it to Joseph at joe@iwbnin.com and he and his team would be honored to pray for it with you!

2 comments:

I need help please said...

I am lost at what to do? The Godly men and women in my life tell me to plan and dedicate it to God and it will succeed. I gave up everything to move to my mothers home and care for her after being diagnosed with cancer and multiple surgeries. Today I have no job and am in need of $150,000.00. Not to make me rich but to take care of things in my life and care for my mother better. The money is spoken for already. Being at my best will help me care for mom and others. 2 Corinthians 9:8-11. Matthew 18:19 says when 2 people agree about anything on earth, God will do it. My motives are not selfish. I truly need wisdom, guidance and help. Please pray with and for me. ~ Adam

The Stephensons said...

Adam, I will be praying for you. In the mean time please contact Joseph Sangl's team and they are much better equipped to help you than I am. The info I shared was from his blog.