Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tucker's First (official) haircut

Okay so last week was a very eventful week for Tucker. We had our first official hair cut (I have trimmed it but we have never been anywhere before for them to cut it) last Thursday. Also, we had our two year old check up last Friday. Everything was great at his check-up and he is know 28 pounds and 6 ounces. He was so good at the doctor. On our way to the Pediatric Clinic I was telling Tucker we were going to see Dr. Carter and what all he would do at Dr. Carter's office. So while we are waiting for Dr. Nicole Carter (who is fabulous by the way) to come in Tucker says, "Mommy, when she comes, I gonna say Heeeeey Docta Cata (I must add that he raised his hand, waving, when he said hey)." So of course I laughed and then said okay Tuck that would be very nice of you and sure enough when she walked in Tucker said just what he told me he was going to say. She died laughing and said well Hey Tucker. Dr. Carter said we don't have to come back until his 3 year old appointment or until his is sick. Thank goodness the Lord has blessed us with such a healthy child and we have only had to go for one sick visit. That is so hard to believe that we might not have to go back to the pediatrician until he is 3.

Okay so back to the haircut, for those of you who know me know that I had a very hard time cutting his hair. People think he is a girl all the time because he has long hair even though he is dressed in very boy clothes. It doesn't bother me like it does Chance so Chance was ready for the haircut but I was not. We went to a place in Columbus, Georgia called Pigtails and Crewcuts. Tucker loved it because he got to sit in an airplane while he got his hair cut and watch a movie!! He did so good. So we got it cut and we got about an inch cut off which is alot to me. Chance didn't even notice Tucker got his haircut and was kinda mad at me for not cutting more off. He's over it now and can't bug me anymore about getting his hair cut because we have now had our first haircut!!

Before

During

After

No comments: