Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Ideas

Y'all know I love Martha Stewart and her ideas!!! I am not creative but am using Martha's help to get my Martha Stewartist on.

For Father's Day I wanted to do something that T could help me with. I found a Nuts and Bolts mix in her May 2011 (I think) issue. My Dad, husband and father in-law are all very handy/fix it themselves men so I thought this was the perfect fit!!

Check out the recipe here. You can get the clip art here.

I purchased the containers from the Container Store (I had to order them online) but I signed up for the Container Store e-mails before I purchased them and received an e-mail!!! I saved at least 10% maybe 20% (can't remember now how much the coupon was for) by doing this!! Lots of stores do this!!
I purchased self-adhesive paper at Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon) for less than $3 for a pack of 5 sheets.
T loved helping make their (one for the hubs, my dad and father in-law) gifts...

T shaking up the mix..


Ready to bake...


T with the finished product. Please excuse the big boy pants, we had just finished playing in little pool in our backyard while the mix finished.



Then we used clip-art labels from Martha to put on the front of cards. T wanted to make them cards and draw them pictures so we made our own. Check out the cute clip-art here.


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad. He has always been so encouraging and supportive of everything I did/do. He is also a wonderful grandfather to my little boy.
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband. He is such a patient man and balances out my high strung ways by being so laid back. He is a very hard worker and provides for our family so well. He is a wonderful father and spends countless hours playing in the floor wrestling with T and playing anything else T asks him too. The hubs has another gift for Father's Day too but just in case he reads the blog I'll keep it a secret for now.
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful father in-law. He did a wonderful job of teaching my husband how to work hard and provide. He taught him how to be a true southern gentleman as well. My FIL also has lots of helpful, practical advice he shares too.
I am so thankful all 3 of these men are Men of God and are helping shape T into a man just like them!!

No comments: