Monday, June 27, 2011

Gas

I am thankful gas prices are falling. Any money you can save at the pump is always good. I hate paying more for gas at one station and then finding it cheaper at another. I just feel like it's the same product so why pay more. My hubs teases me about saving even just a few cents but I love the quote about you don't have the dollars because you didn't count your pennies. I can't remember who said that but it is so true.

In the Sunday USA weekend incert it shared ways to save on gas.

It listed a website www.gaspricewatch.com but it must work the best in bigger cities because I couldn't find anything in our area. However, gasbuddy.com is very helpful!!

Another tip it gave for saving money at the pump was look for gas stations with cash discounts.

Also, stations not affiliated with major chains can be less expensive because they buy from many sources.

Lastly, check your tire pressure. Underinflation by just 3 psi (pounds per square inch) can burn 1% extra fuel.

Check out these old gas pumps....

I love the color!!

No comments: