Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flawless Foundation

I love these Southern Beauty Secrets from Southern Living

1.Adjust according to season.
It's a good idea to re-evaluate your foundation strategy seasonally. Because May marks a tradion in Southerm weather, it's the perfect time to choose a foundation for summer. Mineral Foundation or powder foundations are great for the summer as they are light on the skin. This is my personal favorite and what I use EVERYDAY regardless of the season!! Check it out here. BeautiControl also offers mineral foundation here.

2. Enlist help from a pro.
First step: come visit me!! (Southern Living said visit a department-store makeup artist but I promise to give you the utmost satisfaction in customer service). I will be happy to evaluate your skin type and find the perfect foundation shade for you. Southern Living suggested applying to your cheek and jawline and step into the sunlight to see which one best matches your skin tone. I love the jawline check because you never want it to appear you have on foundation and that dark line on the jaw is a dead giveaway.

3.Pick the right tools.
I personally love a sponge to to blend eyeshadow and concealor but I love putting both of them on a with a brush and foundation applied with a brush too. Make sure you clean brushes and sponges weekly to ensure a smoother application and keep bacteria away.

4. Your foundation needs friends.
Primers provide a barrier between the skin and your makeup and also absorbs oil. "These products are great if you need a polished look for all day long," Tara Young(hair and makeup manager for CNN WorldWide) said. Apply primer after moisturizer and before your foundation. I love BC's natural primer and use it everyday. Check it out here. This one here is great if you have red you want to cover in your skin. The yellow here is great to cover up dark cirles under your eyes. If you have sallow skin, this is what you need right here.

No comments: