Friday, February 10, 2012

Eskimo Pie, Contest and Martha Stewart

Last week it was our turn to take special snack on Friday and we had the letter E. I couldn't think of a thing kids would eat that started with an E. I thought of eggs but coudln't think of how I would keep them warm. I googled kid food that starts with E and this is what I found on cooks.com

Eskimo Pie
1 stick butter
15 oz. Oreos, crushed
1/2 gallon of any ice crea, (I used frozen yogurt to try to make it a little healthy)
9 oz. carton of Cool Whip

Melt butter and mix with crushed Oreos. First place 1/2 of the Oreos in the bottom of the pan. Mix ice cream and Cool Whip and put on top of the Oreos in pan. Top with remaining Oreos. Freezes well. Serves 12-15.

I loved that I could make it earlier in the week and freeze it.
T loved helping me make it!! His teacher said all the kids asked for seconds!!

T with our creation...



Also T is in a competition of facebook and we would appreciate your vote!! Click here to vote for his Cars inspired cookie box. Like T's picture, #A21 Age Group 2-4,
The winners are determined by the photos in that category with the most “likes.” The prizes are as follows:
$50 for 1st place
$25 for 2nd place
$10 for 3rd place

While you are there, please vote for mine in the Business Category. Click here and like my cookie box. The business with the most likes get $100 donated in their honor to Relay for Life.
While you are there like Kathy Powell-State Farm Agent!! She always has lots of fun things going on on her page!!

Thank you!!

On another note, I found this great info, thanks Martha, about measurment substitutions that I wanted to share. I am going to laminate these and keep in our kitchen. Check out the info here and the printables here.

No comments: