Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Oasis Moment

Another great chapter in Oasis was Eyes, the window to the soul. Psalm 101:3 says, "I will set before my eyes no vile thing." Eva Marie Everson talks about how we all have a best asset and hers are her eyes. She shared several tips on eyes but we will get to that in a minute.

I love what she had to say from a spritual standpoint. She learned the importance of what she exposes her "eye" to. She said, "What good are beautiful eyes if they drink in only ugliness of life?" Wow is that true. This totally hits home with me about watching trash on tv. Chance and I have become even more aware about what we watch and listen to with T-man understand more on tv now. He keeps us on our toes. Chance and I have realized that if he doesn't need to watch it really we shouldn't either. If we can't all watch it as a family then it isn't good. One of my weaknesses are the Housewives on Bravo. Chance told me one night if I was going to watch it I would need to go and watch it by myself. T now calls it trash too and knows he doesn't need to watch it. When we are even flipping through the channels and Bravo pops up he immediantely says, "Momma Bravo is trash and we don't need to watch that." Talk about accountability.

On to the beauty tips...This is so true, Eva says, "Stroking on a little mascara (and a touch of lip gloss) makes all the difference in the world, and you own't look like you're heading for the mortuary. That said, applying eye makeup is the trickiest of all cosmetic feats. Do it right and you'll be admired for your natural beauty; do it incorrectly and you'll be thought a clown. The main things with eyeshadow are shading, highlighting and countouring."

I love that she mentioned this in her book too. "Don't 'pump' your mascare before applying it. Pumping inserts air. If you think there's too much mascara on the brush, use a clean tissue to wipe it down a bit and then apply." Since I am in the cosmetic, spa, anti-aging, etc. industry and my mom is too, and was while I was growing up, I have always know not to pump mascara. It's one of those things you know and take for granted so I am so glad she reminded me to share that info with you.

Of course you know if you need eyeshadow help I am always here to help. I can help you find the perfect color to go along with your eyes. Even though it is fun to match your eyeshadow to your outfit you want to focus on your eyeshadow complimenting your eye color.

Check out BeautiControl's fabulous mineral shadows here. Our BC mineral intense shadows are here and our great mascara is here.

No comments: