Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The things children say

First of all, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We spent time with my family at my Grand's house (my Grandmother). We had fun with the Easter Bunny coming but we really enjoyed teaching Tuck the true meaning of Easter. This is the first year he has really understood. When you ask him why we celebrate Easter his response is, "He died so we could live." He doesn't quite understand the part about Jesus raising from the dead but we are getting there.

I just love the things that come out of my 4 year old little boys mouth. He is hilarious. He takes everything very literally and it's so funny what he hears.

We were listening to VeggieTales and one of the songs is "God is Bigger than the Booggy Man".
There is a part where the child is whispering and says, "I think we need to call the police." Tuck knows the song word for word (well almost) and loves singing it around the house. He was singing it when he got to the above part he says, "I think we need to call the puppies." I died laughing. I told him I thought it was saying police and he informed me it was puppies. We had to listen to the song at least 3 times just on that part to confirm it does indeed say police. He said, "Okay, okay Mommy you are right it's police."

The other day he told me all the noise was driving him headaches.

I love the way he says I need to read the constructions (directions) when he gets a new game so we will know how to play.

Lastly, I have been working on teaching Tuck the books of the Bible in the Old Testament. I love how at first he said LuvLeviticus and it makes me sad that he has already corrected himself and now says Leviticus. I love the way his says Deauterominy but it is quickly sounding more like Deuteronomy.
The funniest was when we were learning first Samuel and he just wanted to say Samuel. I said baby it's First Samuel not just Samuel. He looks at me with those big brown eyes and says (half frustrated, the other half sarcastic), "What's next last Samuel?" I died laughing. (Again very literal, First Samuel and Last Samuel. I had never thought about it that way.)

He keeps me on my toes. What an accountability partner he is too. We have been working on saying O my goodness instead of O my gosh. He nails me every time I say o my gosh. The other day he told me... now Mommy we have talked about this, we do not say that word we say o my goodness.

He is a mess and such a blessing!!! I don't know why God chose to bless us so with this precious little boy but I am so glad and thankful He did.

No comments: